Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance ones natural beauty.
We are committed to a bee-friendly & sustainable production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Gisou is experiencing rapid international growth, its finance function plays a crucial role in supporting Gisou's increasing success. As our new colleague and Business Controller, you will be part of the finance department and responsible for driving the financial and performance agenda across all departments and business channels. Within the field of controlling, you will support various stakeholders with both the business and financial perspective. In this role, you will be reporting to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Drive financial performance of the company by budget control and business analysis.
- Support strategic decision making and work closely with the leadership team (including founders and CEO).
- Drive and lead business / finance (improvement) projects.
- Support the forecast and budget process, overall cost allocations, financial results and price settings. Working closely with all parts of the organisation.
- Secure that correct financial information is available when needed.
- Co-ordinate the performance and financial updates sent out to the organization.
- Secure that analytical tools are available for producing reports and analysis.
- Improve reporting within the company and to stakeholders (e.g. investors).
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Quantify business opportunities.
- Translating strategic management objectives into measurable KPIs.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- At minimum Bachelors Degree / level thinking.
- 5 years of experience in finance / controlling functions.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in BI tools.
- Your strong communication skills enable you to engage people, both inside and outside the function, by creating a passion for objectives, plans and processes.
- When facing challenges, you take them on with a positive and solution-oriented approach.
- You have the ability to see the big picture and able to identify the details crucial for the big picture.
- Understanding or willingness on how to work effectively in a scale-up environment.
- Ability to work in an organized and methodical manner to meet timescales and deadlines is essential.
- Self-starter, assertive, good communication skills and telephone manner.
- Team player with flexibility.
- Must be able to adopt a very hand on approach.
- Experience with ERP systems. Netsuite is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal and international working atmosphere and regular team activities and drinks. You will be working 5 days a week from our stunning office in the centre of Amsterdam, and have the possibility to work one day from home. Lunch, drinks and snacks in the office are being provided every day.
Our team's wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We cant wait to hear from you.