Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance one’s natural beauty.
We are committed to a bee-friendly & sustainable production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Brand Storyteller/Copywriter with extensive knowledge using search engine optimization strategies to write copy that helps boost a website’s search engine ranking, but also assist marketing in developing compelling storytelling around product launches and existing products in the Gisou collection that will be deployed on verticals that include press, blogs, emails, website, social.
The Brand Storyteller/Copywriter will be responsible for writing high-quality, error-free, original and engaging copy for our website, email newsletters, print designs, press releases and employ SEO strategies in long-form copy for our web and landing pages, long-form blogs, etc. Success in this role requires a self-starter mindset, high degree of ownership, drive and the ability to work synergistically with a variety of different departments including communications, PR, social, digital, marketing, sales, education and creative.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in SEO optimization, editorial and communications and a passion for writing beautiful and optimised copy specific to each platform. Furthermore, being able to research and fact-check thoroughly to ensure accuracy and effectiveness as well as working with assigned editors to ensure copy meets all language, structure, tone and informational requirements as well as the creative team to ensure copy drives user experience will be key in this role. You will need to live and breathe current and pop culture events and vernacular to be able to identify optimization opportunities in copy.
- Write high-quality, error-free, original, and engaging copy for our website, email newsletters, print designs, etc.
- Write long-form copy for our web and landing pages, long-form blogs, etc.
- Employ SEO strategies to your writing
- Research and fact-check thoroughly to ensure accuracy and effectiveness
- Work with your assigned Copy Editor to ensure the copy meets all language, structure, tone, and informational requirements; edit blogs written by SEO agency
- Work with the design team to drive user experience through copy
- Work with the Digital Marketing team to improve the customers’ shopping and post-purchase experience through copy (email, paid ads, PDP pages, landing pages, seasonal campaigns)
- Work with the communications team to draft press releases and answers to Q&A’s for Negin & Negar
- Work with internal Sephora team to optimize product pages and descriptions
- Work with marketing team to craft compelling copy around product and seasonal launches and campaigns with key messaging
- Reports to Communications Director
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years work experience in editorial or communications, ideally at a beauty/ fashion / consumer brand or publication
- Experience with writing SEO content is a must
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and committed to driving results for the E-commerce channel
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Exceptional grammar, research, fact-checking, writing and editing skills
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset both qualitative and quantitatively, and dedicated to conceptualising great consumer experiences
- Extremely collaborative, high attention to detail and able to react quickly in the best interest of the business
- Active knowledge of SEO, paid social, e-mail marketing and social media
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in English; English native speaker (non-negotiable)
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal and international working atmosphere and regular team activities and drinks. You will be working 5 days a week from our stunning office in the centre of Amsterdam, and have the possibility to work one day from home. Lunch, drinks and snacks in the office are being provided every day.
Our team's wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We can't wait to hear from you.