Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance one’s natural beauty.
We are committed to a sustainable and cruelty-free production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a skilled and experienced E-commerce Manager with extensive Shopify knowledge to manage the product experience to contribute to revenue and conversion goals specifically for Gisou E-commerce platforms (US, UK and EU).
The E-commerce Manager will be responsible for establishing and strengthening our site performance, customer interaction with categories, featured product placement, and E-commerce shopping experiences to identify growth opportunities. Success in this role requires a self-starter mindset, high degree of ownership, drive, the ability to leverage data in support of making site merchandising decisions and some level of back end coding.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in web development and a passion for building beautiful and optimised E-commerce websites on the Shopify platform. Furthermore, being able to measure and analyse website performance will be key in this role. You will need to live and breathe website performance to be able to identify optimization opportunities.
- Owning the development of site merchandising strategies and their day-to-day execution
- Identifying and executing upon opportunities for optimization of site search, product data, product sorting, filters/facets, product recommendations, up-sells/cross-sells, product taxonomy, and content strategies
- Increasing the conversion rate and average order value on gisou.com through site optimization, by continuously running A/B tests and measuring uplift of the various initiatives
- Utilising data-driven analysis, establishing KPIs and collaborating with cross-functional partners to inform decision-making processes and performance reporting
- Working closely with the E-commerce team on ensuring the successful coordination and launch of new and refreshed products as well as promotions
- Managing the merchandising calendar to accurately schedule website content and organise support for digital marketing efforts
- Prioritising implementation of strategies and projects to maximise business performance and accelerate sales growth of gisou.com and
- Working with the Digital Marketing team to improve the customers’ shopping and post-purchase experience
- Performing quality assurance to ensure accuracy of product data and promotional content on a daily basis, as well as taking responsibility for correcting and facilitating any fixes
- Ensuring correct tracking / channel attribution in our E-commerce platform and analytics tools by overseeing the implementation of the correct measurement tags and code
- Staying up-to-date with best practices, solutions and strategies for web merchandising, E-commerce operations, and SEO
- Providing administrative support for the E-commerce team as needed
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years work experience in product management or ecommerce, ideally at a beauty/ fashion / consumer brand or Shopify+ web agency
- Experience with Shopify+ or similar E-commerce platforms is a must
- Experience in a fast-paced environment and committed to driving results for the E-commerce channel
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strong analytical aptitude of understanding and actioning off consumer behaviour data in platforms such as Google Analytics, Heat mapping & Click path tools
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset both qualitative and quantitatively, and dedicate to conceptualising great consumer experiences
- Extremely collaborative, high attention to detail and able to react quickly in the best interest of the business
- Active knowledge of SEO, SEA, affiliate, e-mail marketing and social media
- Excellent knowledge of and proficiency in English
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal and international working atmosphere and regular team activities and drinks. You will be working 4 days a week from our stunning office in the centre of Amsterdam, and have the possibility to work one day from home if you like. Lunch, drinks and snacks in the office are being provided every day.
Our team's wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We can't wait to hear from you.