FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance ones natural beauty.
We are committed to a sustainable and cruelty-free production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Full Stack Developer with extensive knowledge of Shopify to join our digital team where you will be supporting our frontend and backend efforts. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our Shopify store, as well as implementing new features and functionality to enhance the customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in web development and a passion for building beautiful and optimised e-commerce websites on the Shopify platform. Furthermore, being able to measure and analyse website performance will be key in this role. You will need to live and breathe website performance to be able to identify optimization opportunities.
- Own the tech roadmap for Gisou.com
- Design and implement custom solutions on the Shopify Plus platform
- Build, maintain and optimise our custom Shopify themes
- Integrate third-party applications and systems to enhance store functionality and user experience
- Oversee our tech stack related to our Shopify platform
- Implement custom (Shopify Scripts) functionality to support our campaigns and offers
- Ensure flawless connections with other Marketing tools and platforms like Klaviyo, Gorgias, Yotpo, Google Analytics and our new to be implemented customer data platform
- Developing testing plans to increase conversion rates on Gisou.com
- Using Google Analytics to analyse website traffic, optimise the customer journey and minimise customer drop offs
- Collaborate with the e-commerce team to brainstorm and implement new ideas for the store
- Collaborate with the design and marketing teams to ensure Gisou.com is visually appealing and optimised for conversion
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with our external development agency
- Keep up to date with the latest Shopify best practices and developments
- Support the E-commerce Coordinator team with maintaining and updating website content
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of Shopify Plus ecosystem experience
- Experience with Liquid, Shopify's template language
- Familiarity with responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Extensive knowledge of Google Analytics
- Excellent Google tag management skills
- Knowledgeable in personal data protection principles and GDPR
- Strong understanding of e-commerce best practices and user experience design
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal and international working atmosphere and regular team activities and drinks. You will be working 4 days a week from our stunning office in the centre of Amsterdam, and have the possibility to work one day from home if you like. Lunch, drinks and snacks in the office are being provided every day.
Our team's wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We can't wait to hear from you.