START DATE: 1 AUG 2022
IMPORTANT: We are only able to accept interns that are enrolled in Universities in the Netherlands and possess a BSN number (eligibility to work in the Netherlands).
Based in Almere August then new office in Amsterdam September onwards
Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance one’s natural beauty.
We are committed to a sustainable and cruelty-free production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
At Gisou, exciting times are ahead. As a fast-growing company we are ready to take on more projects that we are very enthusiastic about. To make those projects happen, we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Product Design Intern that will assist our Product Design Team on the ideation and design process of new product developments from brief- until delivery of assets, working closely with our Creative and Product Development team.
As a Product Design intern at Gisou on a day to day basis you will be assisting on a wide variety of both conceptual and hands-on graphic product design responsibilities within the wider product development phase of our new product launches such as:
- All round graphic design tasks such as the design of packaging artworks for new and existing products
- Benchmark research for new packaging designs and innovations
- Conceptual development of new packaging designs
- Creation of 3D renderings of the proposed designs
- Creation of design briefs for internal creative decision makers & potential suppliers to approve
- Attend supplier meetings to see new material and packaging solutions
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You are a HBO / WO student and are looking for an internship for at least 6 months
- You are following a Graphic / Creative Design related study
- Good working knowledge of the Adobe CC programs incl Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Experience with or knowledge of 3D design programs such as Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor/Fusion360 is a plus.
- Knowledge of or personal interest for product design, (shapes, materials, finishes, innovations)
- An “out of the box” thinker that is able to surprise with design proposals
- A solution-minded, innovative, and creative mindset is essential
- Knowledge of or personal interest for (social media) trends within the beauty / lifestyle / fashion industry is a plus
From August 1, 2022, full-time for a minimum period of 6 months until end of January 2023
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal & international working atmosphere and regular fun team activities and drinks. Our team wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
This internship offers a unique opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the international development and success of Gisou. We offer you a versatile internship with a permanent supervisor and with a lot of responsibility, with plenty of room to learn.
We cant wait to hear from you.