Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance one’s natural beauty.
We are committed to a sustainable and cruelty-free production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Recruiter will play a vital role in developing a recruitment strategy that meets business objectives, using their skills and knowledge to ensure that best practice and the latest initiatives are being used. Developing a strong employer brand that will attract the best in the industry who are the right fit for the culture is key to the company’s expansion plans.
This new appointment underlines the fact that scaling the business requires a Recruiter who is comfortable to operate at both a strategic and operational level. The successful candidate will know through a combination of experience and intuition the key levers to pull in creating an outstanding employer brand and candidate experience, acting as a magnet to attract and retain the best talent in the industry.
In parallel to the strategic agenda, the Recruiter will be able to drive effective delivery of all core recruitment activity such as efficient recruitment process and administration.
We have already grown from 15 to over 70 team members in under 2 years and continue to drive this growth trajectory, therefore someone with an energetic and motivated approach is key to ensuring the business’s success.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Develops a recruitment strategy that meets business objectives and ensures the business is using best practice and the latest initiatives.
- Develops the Gisou employer brand and builds strong relationships with external suppliers to make Gisou an employer of choice/best place to work.
- Creates engaging initiatives such as an attractive careers website that reflects Gisou’s culture, and a Gisou alumni network etc.
- Values and weaves diversity and inclusion initiatives into recruitment strategy to attract applicants with protected characteristics.
- Designs and implements effective recruitment processes that are within budget for example ensuring that the applicant tracking system is effective and maintains a database of potential, high quality, direct applicants.
- Creates and ensures that all job descriptions are up to date.
- Manages the recruitment budget to ensure there is ROI, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversees the recruitment process from start to finish for example sending out offer letters, ensuring relevant paperwork is collected, filed, background checks are done.
- Designs a process that provides a positive candidate experience whether the candidate outcome is that they are hired or not.
- Is skilled at locating talented individuals who meet Gisou’s needs and will therefore feel confident using social media as a talent attraction tool and LinkedIn to headhunt. Can use creative methods and lateral thinking to locate applicants.
- Is able to create an unbiased assessment process at all levels employing the latest techniques such as competency based interviews, personality profiling etc.
- Is able to conduct screening interviews and shortlist high quality applicants. As well as using robust methodology, also has a good ability to read people.
Communication and Negotiation
- Develops strong relationships with agencies and is able to negotiate preferential rates.
- Is able to effectively conduct salary negotiations.
- Is engaging and able to quickly develop good relationships with prospective employees.
- Supports the team by providing expert advice, ensures recruitment activity is planned and responsive.
- Is aware of the relevant mediums for hiring an individual be it job boards, headhunting, contingency recruitment or executive search.
- Undertakes a continuing programme of personal development, maintains professional knowledge and understands current best practice.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ experience working in a fast paced environment, ideally with exposure to recruitment in beauty, fashion and startups.
- Good knowledge of server-based applicant tracking systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Strong and extensive experience in selection.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Action oriented and accountable.
- Self-motivated; able to maintain direction and focus with minimal supervision and has a good level of self-awareness.
- Responsive and is able to assimilate, analyse and interpret information quickly.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptable in a continuously evolving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Displays energy and attention to detail.
- Seen as ‘can do’; ensuring the recruitment function is seen as proactive and effective.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Results focused with a desire to succeed.
- Demonstrates empathy and compassion, demonstrating integrity in all dealings.
- Passionate about the beauty industry.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal & international working atmosphere and regular team activities and drinks. Our team's wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We cant wait to hear from you.