BASED IN ALMERE (NEW OFFICE IN AMSTERDAM 2022)
*Please note due to a high volume of applicants we can only respond to those who have been successful within 5 working days
We are looking for a curious, dynamic, and trailblazing Senior Product Development Manager to join one of the most instrumental and exciting teams within Gisou!
Gisou by Negin Mirsalehi is a luxury haircare line by famous Dutch & Persian fashion influencer, Negin Mirsalehi. Founded in 2015, the brand has deep roots and a wonderful story of the coming together of family traditions. The signature ingredients within these staple products are honey and propolis, derived from the Mirsalehi Bee Garden where Negin and her father continue the 6-generation family tradition of beekeeping. Using nature's gifts Negin’s mother created a formula to transform hair which is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
The mission of Gisou is to inspire people to appreciate and take care of their hair using nature-based products, and to feel beautiful while doing so. With their story they want to raise awareness about the importance of bees for the overall ecosystem, and shine a light on the incredible benefits of what they produce.
Gisou is currently available on and offline in over 30 countries, and continues to expand rapidly internationally. To continue on this growth trajectory, the team is on the lookout for a trailblazing Senior Product Development Manager to spearhead the expansion of our portfolio with new, innovative products in the coming years. We are continually striving to create both our products and packaging in the most sustainable ways, and we are looking for a Senior Product Development Manager who shares the same values, ambitions and mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Product Development Director, you will be responsible for defining the exciting new product vision, creating roadmaps, and driving its execution to award-winning hair & beauty products which are truly ahead of the curve! You will be in charge of product concept creation and insights for global markets to ensure we are inclusive to our international consumers and ahead of the competition
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the product development process from formulas to packaging, through stages of innovation, conception, planning, development, testing and regulatory
- Work closely with the Product Development Director to develop a winning and effective hair & beauty portfolio strategy and innovation roadmap which has sustainability values at its core
- Create product profiles for all new products, including ingredient story, features and benefits, proposed packaging and predicted cost
- Oversee product formulations with a focus on clean & sustainable ingredients, and provide your expert insight and recommendations
- Conduct performance and preservative efficacy studies of new products using both in-house processes as well as independent laboratories if needed
- Communicate clear direction to vendors, formulators and manufacturers on the formula function and appearance of product.
- Alongside the PD team, develop and approve products from lab submissions to mass production, ensuring products meet Gisou brand standards & values: look, feel, touch, color, scent, application, sustainable/clean beauty
- Work cross-functionally with regulatory agencies, ensuring our products are vetted and compliant in each territory
- Continually monitor global trends, competitive launches, consumer insights and new ingredients/technologies to continue business growth opportunities
- Develop and implement processes and guidelines to help streamline the development process internally and with external partners
- Work closely with the design team for sustainable packaging development, from material compatibility to size recommendation, and fully executed in package stability testing.
- Communicate development challenges to management on a timely basis, while offering also alternative solutions
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience of similar role in the beauty industry
- At least 3+ years’ experience in innovation / global product
- Strong knowledge of formulations & active ingredients
- Truly passionate with in-depth knowledge of the beauty industry
- Clear communicator with a good command of the English language
- Strong conceptualisation skills
- Strong organisational skills and a structured approach to project management
- Great research skills
- An innovative and curious mind
- Ability to visualise and present effectively
- Result driven, ambitious and innovative approach to business
- Creative, open-minded & inclusive attitude
WHAT WE OFFERThe opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal & international working atmosphere and regular fun team activities and drinks. Our team wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via Open up to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
Apply below :)