Based in Almere, NL
Please apply in English
We are looking for a dynamic and beauty-obsessed Senior Compliance and Technical Manager to join our New Product Development team where you will be working together with a range of internal departments and external laboratories to ensure compliance of new and existing products and join one of the most instrumental and exciting teams within Gisou!
Gisou by Negin Mirsalehi is a luxury haircare line by famous Dutch & Persian fashion influencer, Negin Mirsalehi. Founded in 2015, the brand has deep roots and a wonderful story of the coming together of family traditions. The signature ingredients within these staple products are honey and propolis, derived from the Mirsalehi Bee Garden where Negin and her father continue the 6-generation family tradition of beekeeping. Using nature's gifts Negin’s mother created a formula to transform hair which is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
The mission of Gisou is to inspire people to appreciate and take care of their hair using nature-based products, and to feel beautiful while doing so. With their story they want to raise awareness about the importance of bees for the overall ecosystem, and shine a light on the incredible benefits of what they produce.
Gisou is currently available on and offline in over 30 countries, and continues to expand rapidly internationally. To continue on this growth trajectory, the team is on the lookout for a trailblazing Senior Formulation Manager to spearhead the expansion of our portfolio with new, innovative products in the coming years. We are continually striving to create both our products and packaging in the most sustainable ways, and we are looking for a Formulation Expert who shares the same values, ambitions and mindset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting into the Product Development Director, you will oversee compliance with international cosmetics regulations, from working closely with our labs and Responsible Person to registering products in different markets whilst being closely involved in the development of new formulations and the improvement of the existing portfolio, including artwork review and approval, proactive benchmarking, managing the technical development of products, giving advice on suitable active ingredients in order to achieve outstanding formulation and marketing claims. You will support the NPD Managers with their projects by providing them with well-defined and researched formulation briefings. You will be in charge of the inhouse formulation expertise on the existing and future product portfolio to ensure we are inclusive to our international consumers and ahead of the competition. You will also manage all internal and external panels as well as clinicals by coordinating their execution. You will also be responsible for the regulatory approval of all marketing material, including press releases, visual merchandising and social media content, to ensure that it complies with advertising and cosmetic regulations. We are looking for a beauty junky who is super passionate about hair care, skin care, clean beauty and on top of the newest international innovations on products, ingredients and claims that arise in the beauty market.
- Ensure that all Gisou products placed onto the global markets are compliant.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, distributors and retailers to solve registration issues in existing markets.
- Identify and manage documentary export requirements and liaise with supply chain to ensure logistics support.
- Proactively identify potential Regulatory / Compliance opportunities or issues and alert the relevant teams so they are able to plan further expansion accordingly.
- As part of the NPD team, review new and existing products and advise if they are compliant with specific territory regulatory requirements.
- Provide regulatory guidance regarding new and reformulated product concepts and strategic solutions to product labelling.
- Work closely with the PD Managers to research active ingredients to enable us to develop formulations that are suitable for all our international followers including product accessibility for different hair types, textures, needs and requirements - with a focus on clean & sustainable ingredients, and provide your expert insight and recommendations.
- Work closely with PD Manager to develop a winning and effective hair & beauty portfolio which has innovative sustainability values at its core.
- Continually monitor ingredient/technology trends and competitive launches to continue business growth opportunities
- Have a close line with the customer experience and beauty advisors teams to learn from customer product feedback and in return share the latest product updates for the teams to optimise our customer response on any technical queries they have.
- Create Product Mastersheets for all new products, including ingredient story, features and benefits.
- Manage all performance studies of new formulations using both in-house processes as well as independent testing houses.
- Communicate clear direction to formulators and manufacturers on the formula function and appearance of product
- Communicate development challenges to management on a timely basis, while offering also alternative solutions
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience of a similar role in the beauty industry.
- Degree Qualification in cosmetic science, chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences or similar willing to pursue a career in cosmetic regulatory affairs.
- Experience with international product registration processes for OTC Cosmetic Products
- Sound understanding of EU and International Cosmetic regulations
- Strong research skills
- Keen interest and strong knowledge of formulations & active ingredients
- Truly passionate with in-depth knowledge of the beauty industry
- Clear communicator with a good command of the English language
- Strong organisational skills and a structured approach to project management
- Passionate about the beauty market
- Result driven, ambitious and innovative approach to business
- Creative, open-minded & inclusive attitude
- Ambitious, motivated, detail oriented and capable of taking on responsibility
- Good IT Skills - (Email, Excel and Word)
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of a young, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal & international working atmosphere and regular fun team activities and drinks. Our team wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via Open up to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.