ABOUT THE BRAND
Gisou by Negin Mirsalehi is a luxury haircare line by famous Dutch & Persian fashion influencer, Negin Mirsalehi. Founded in 2015, the brand has deep roots and a wonderful story of the coming together of family traditions. The signature ingredients within these staple products are honey and propolis, derived from the Mirsalehi Bee Garden where Negin and her father continue the 6-generation family tradition of beekeeping. Using nature's gifts Negin's mother created a formula to transform hair which is rich in minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
The mission of Gisou is to inspire people to appreciate and take care of their hair using nature-based products, and to feel beautiful while doing so. With their story they want to raise awareness about the importance of bees for the overall ecosystem, and shine a light on the incredible benefits of what they produce.Gisou is currently available on and offline in over 30 countries, and continues to expand rapidly internationally.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and confident Retail Designer that will take responsibility for the conceptualisation, design, and delivery of artworks for the development of new and existing retail installations in collaboration with our creative decision makers. You will be part of Gisou's Creative team where within multiple disciplines our products, campaigns, e-commerce, and retail visual identity is being conceptualized and designed.
- Conceptualize designs and an overall visual strategy for new retail fixtures, or updates of existing ones according to brand standards and within guidelines of the retailer.
- Build on a sustainable visual strategy for our retail projects in the long term, together with the Retail Marketing department and our Creative Director.
- Be the main point of contact for the retailer and production (external) teams while projects are in process.
- Be the main point of contact for colleagues from the Retail Marketing department during projects, where you assure the communication between marketing & creative goes as smoothly as possible.
- Inspect technical drawings of the production companies taking care of the production and installation of the installations.
- Act as a brand guardian; as our retail design specialist, you will make sure the Gisou brand standard will be followed in the very best way possible throughout.
- Visit retailers regularly for quality assurance purposes
- Inspire yourself and others with new innovations and trends in the industry, always challenging the status quo. Your goal is to always bring the Gisou brand to a new level when it comes to our visual retail existence.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven work experience (3+ years) in a similar role.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud programs. (Particularly Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong visual design skills with a strong background in retail merchandising.
- Ability to convert your ideas into 3D renderings is a must. (e.g. through Rhino, Vray, Sketchup)
- Knowledge of and personal interest for the beauty industry and social media landscape.
- An extensive knowledge of materials, finishes and industry developments / innovations to ensure Gisou's further growth and development in the retail landscape.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal & international working atmosphere and regular fun team activities and drinks. Our team wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via OneFit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We can't wait to hear from you.