SENIOR RETAIL DESIGNER
ABOUT THE BRAND
Gisou is born out of a passion for bees, haircare and natural beauty. Based on a six-generation beekeeping heritage, each Gisou product is inspired by and made with the finest, sustainably sourced ingredients from our very own Mirsalehi Bee Garden. With this method, our founder Negin and her father continue the family tradition of beekeeping. Our hair care and complexion products harness the transformative benefits of Mirsalehi Honey and rich botanical sources, selected to enhance ones natural beauty.
We are committed to a bee-friendly & sustainable production method that puts the Mirsalehi Honey Bees first, not only for the sake of the bees, but the greater ecosystem as well. In the upcoming years, we intend to continue to develop high-quality honey infused beauty products as we develop a globally renowned label and raise awareness about the importance of a healthy bee population.
We have been experiencing double digital growth YoY and have established ourselves as a leading hair care line across our global retailers such as Sephora, Selfridges, Mecca, and Harrods. We are currently available in over 40 countries and are on an explosive journey of growth as we launch in new markets, open additional channels and focus on building our team internationally.
Our team is the heart of our business, without an incredible team we would not be where we are today and where we dream to go tomorrow. Being a part of Gisou is for those who are passionate, ambitious, hard working, agile and approachable. Join us on this epic journey!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and confident Retail Designer that will take responsibility for the conceptualisation, design, and delivery of retail concepts for the development of new and existing retail installations in collaboration with our creative decision makers. You will be part of Gisou's Creative team where within multiple disciplines our products, campaigns, e-commerce, and retail visual identity is being conceptualized and designed.
- Conceptualize designs and an overall visual strategy for new retail fixtures, or updates of existing ones according to brand standards and within guidelines of the retailer.
- Build on a sustainable visual strategy for our retail projects in the long term, together with the Retail Marketing department and our Creative Director.
- Be the main point of contact for the retailer and production (external) teams while projects are in process.
- Be the main point of contact for colleagues from the Retail Marketing department during projects, where you assure the communication between marketing & creative goes as smoothly as possible.
- Inspect technical drawings of the production companies taking care of the production and installation of the installations.
- Act as a brand guardian; as our retail design specialist, you will make sure the Gisou brand standard will be followed in the very best way possible throughout.
- Visit retailers regularly for quality assurance purposes
- Inspire yourself and others with new innovations and trends in the industry, always challenging the status quo. Your goal is to always bring the Gisou brand to a new level when it comes to our visual retail existence.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven work experience (3+ years) in a similar role.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud programs. (Particularly Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong visual design skills with a strong background in retail merchandising.
- Ability to convert your ideas into 3D renderings is a must. (e.g. through Rhino, Vray, Sketchup)
- Knowledge of and personal interest for the beauty industry and social media landscape.
- An extensive knowledge of materials, finishes and industry developments / innovations to ensure Gisou's further growth and development in the retail landscape.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to be part of an ambitious, fun and dynamic team, with a pleasant informal and international working atmosphere and regular team activities and drinks. You will be working 4 days a week from our stunning office in the centre of Amsterdam, and have the possibility to work one day from home if you like. Lunch, drinks and snacks in the office are being provided every day.
Our team's wellbeing is super important to us, therefore we offer fitness membership via Onefit, and mental health support via OpenUp to all our employees. Gisou is a fast growing and disruptive beauty company that offers huge opportunities for personal development and growth.
We can't wait to hear from you.