No one has to know you didn’t spend your weekend lounging on the sand and soaking up the sun! With our favorite beach wave hair products, anyone can achieve an effortless, carefree style that’s perfect for summer.
It all comes down to choosing the right products and knowing how to use them for your hair type. Read on to discover our favorite beach wave hair products and how we use them to nail perfectly tousled, effortlessly chic beachy waves every single time.
Our Favorite Beach Wave Hair Products
Beach waves are the perfect low-maintenance hairstyle for summer. The look can be achieved with minimal to no heat styling, which is perfect for those hot summer days and minimizing heat damage.
Our favorite products for beach waves are part of our propolis and honey infused hair care lines. The key ingredients are Mirsalehi Honey and Propolis Extract, which work together to nourish and protect the hair.
- Mirsalehi Propolis Extract: Propolis is a substance made by bees. They use it to build strong beehives and as a protective barrier. It’s rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids that enhance the texture of your hair while protecting it from breakage and split ends.
- Mirsalehi Honey: Honey is a natural humectant that restores dry, damaged hair. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids that deeply nourishes the hair to improve overall hair health, add shine, and tame frizz.
Let’s look at our favorite products for beach waves in more detail:
Propolis Infused Polishing Primer
Gisou’s Propolis Infused Polishing Primer is a lightweight styling primer that reduces drying time, fights frizz, and provides workable hold. It also adds volume and definition to the hair while enhancing texture. It’s a must for creating effortless beachy waves on all hair types.
Propolis Infused Texturizing Wave Spray
Our Propolis Infused Texturizing Wave Spray is an essential beach wave hair product for all hair types. Use it to define, add body, and enhance volume with or without heat styling. It provides an effortless tousled look that’s never sticky or dry.
Propolis Infused Heat Protecting Spray
Gisou’s Propolis Infused Heat Protecting Spray is at the core of our Summer Hair Care Set for good reason! It protects the hair during heat styling and includes a UV-filter to protect against sun damage. It also hydrates and enhances the texture of your hair, making it an ideal choice for creating beach waves.
Honey Infused Hair Oil
Our Honey Infused Hair Oil is the perfect finishing touch for frizz-free beachy waves. All you need is a drop or two to add luxurious shine and tame flyaways without weighing your hair down.
Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
Our Leave-In Conditioner is a lightweight, multi-tasking hair conditioning spray enriched with Mirsalehi Honey to hydrate, smooth, detangle and protect hair from heat damage, pollution and breakage.
How to Use Beach Wave Hair Products for Every Hair Type
Achieving the perfect beachy wave hairstyle begins with preparing the hair. As with most hairstyles, beach waves look best on healthy, moisturized hair that’s not weighed down.
Start your beach wave hair routine with a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo, like our Honey Infused Hair Wash, to cleanse the hair without stripping it of its natural oils while helping it to retain moisture. Follow up with our Honey Infused Conditioner, a lightweight, hydrating conditioner that detangles and fights frizz without weighing the hair down.
Now, let’s dive into how to use beach wave hair products for each hair type.
Fine or Straight Hair
To achieve perfectly imperfect beach waves on fine or straight hair, style with your fingers. A brush will smooth out the hair too much and take away from the textured, unfinished look you’re going for.
- Start by prepping your hair for styling with our Propolis Infused Hair Primer. Then scrunch our Propolis Infused Texturizing Spray through your damp hair. Be sure to get the roots if you need some extra lift.
- Now let your hair air dry or rough dry it with your blow dryer.
- Once your hair is dry, take a long silk scarf and put it over your head like a headband. Braid your hair into two braids on either side of your head, with one side of the scarf as a section in each braid. Sleep with the braids overnight and you’ll wake up with beautiful waves full of body and movement.
Or, if you’re in a hurry and don’t want to sleep with your hair in braids, you can take angled sections of your hair and add random waves with Gisou’s Curling Tool. Don’t go too close to the roots- you want the waves to go from about the middle of the shaft to about an inch from the ends. Alternatively, use a straightener to create soft waves.
- Once your entire head is curled, soften the curls by running your fingers through your hair. For an extra tousled look, flip your head upside down and shake out the curls gently.
- Run a drop or two of hair oil through your hair to add shine and keep the frizz away. A light mist of texturizing spray will give your waves all-day hold and add volume.
If you’re a naturally curly haired gal, you can pull off beachy waves without heat. Your goal will be to relax your curls a bit to create a softer, wavy look.
- Start with freshly washed hair in the evening before bed. Towel dry by gently squeezing the hair. Avoid rubbing, which will likely create frizz. Finish off with some Leave-In Conditioner to add moisture back into the hair, detangle and reduce frizz.
- Comb a pea-sized amount of Propolis Infused Polishing Primer through your towel-dried hair with a wide toothed comb.
- Twist your hair into a low bun at the back of your head, aiming to keep the hair as smooth as possible. This will keep frizz away while you sleep, and allow your hair to air dry this way will create waves rather than tight ringlets.
- In the morning, when your hair is completely dry, take out the bun and use your fingers to gently separate the waves. Spritz your hair with our Texturizing Wave Spray and style with your fingers to add lift and definition. Finish your style with a drop or two of Honey Infused Hair Oil to tame frizz and flyaways and you’re out the door.
Wavy haired gals can scrunch our Texturizing Wave Spray into damp hair and let it air dry for effortless beachy waves. But if you’re looking for a smoother, chic beachy wave hairstyle, the following routine will add definition and shine while taming frizz.
- Start by prepping your towel-dried hair with our Honey Infused Hair Primer and then spritz our Texturizing Wave Spray through your damp hair.
- Roughly blow dry the hair until it’s about halfway dry, then twist it into loose pin curls, leaving out the ends.
- Allow the hair to air dry completely, then take out the pin curls. Flip your head upside down, shake out the curls.
- Apply a drop or two of Honey Infused Hair Oil to give your hair some added shine and frizz control.
- Finish off your style with a spritz of Wave Spray and finger style according to your preference. Be sure to get the roots if you need some extra lift and volume.
Get Perfect Beach Hair, Anytime
Are you ready to get perfect beach hair anytime, anywhere? While we can’t give you a get out of work free card, our beach wave-enhancing hair products can help you achieve beachy hair anytime you want it! Shop our Propolis and Honey Infused Hair Care collections for all your summer hair essentials.
Tip: Our Limited Edition Summer Set contains all the right ingredients for the ultimate beachy summer waves!